Wednesday, September 5, 2007

babelcolor


I have been told by three who know that bablecolor is the key to unlocking munsell. Not that it is so locked up. It is making a whole lot of sense to me- even without the babelcolor. But the babelcolor combined with the student book and doing the work is where the big "secret" lies. This is not just your momma's munsell- but a whole new way of using color! I will unscramble it, if it is the last thing that I do.

I am reading the text in the student munsell book again looking for clues, painting cubes and spheres and pictures of cubes and spheres. Sometimes just putting the spheres in different light and really looking.

The time spent with both Rob, Graydon and others has taught me, if nothing else, a direction to move. If I never get there- the new understandings that I have already gained are bringing a new life to my work.

No comments: