Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Zoo day


A trip to the Milwaukee Zoo is always a treat. If you like zoos at all, you will appreciate the Milwaukee zoo. I love the way that they move the animals around- not leaving them in the same enclosure forever. And they are often placed so that they can see their prey. The Lions and Tigers are not bored out of their minds like at the brookfield zoo.

Milwaukee zoo has a large breeding population of Bonobos- and when we lived near the zoo, Little Fred and I used to go to the bonobo house a few times a week- just to watch a mother nap with and cuddle her baby. Going back today brought back many fond memories- and I even recognized some of our old friends after all of these years!

On the art front- a rep came and borrowed three of my favorite paintings today. I don't think that she will buy them, but she is showing them to her client, so fingers crossed!

No comments: