Wednesday, July 23, 2008

sparkle WIP


So here is what I have been working on this week. Still not finished- but you can see where I am going. So very excited about where this might be destined to hang, (more later- don't want to jinx it :-) It is 4 feet square- a big one for me. Though I just visited another 4 foot square painting at Rositas in DeKalb. Rick and I painted that one together in 1987- it still hangs prominently in the restaurant, (while I smile happily knowing that I signed my paintings with a different name 21 years ago than what I use now).

Most of the work that I created during those years has been burned. I have a few dozen in the attic and basement, but most of it is gone.

For this painting, I took hundreds of pictures at the lake, over several days- and stood there mouth hanging open, staring at this gorgeous light. (trying to memorize all the colors.)

Most important to remind you that this is an unfinished painting.

2 comments:

Leslie Sealey said...

It's a beautiful, impressive painting! You absolutely nailed that glare on the lake and it feels like the essence of summer. : )

Lori Kiergaard said...

Thank you, Leslie!